Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Happy Holidays My A**

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing "happy holidays" this, and "happy holidays" that! Let me think, there are only 2 holidays in December; Christmas and New Year's. Yes there is also Chanukah, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, and a handful of things I've never heard of, but they're not holiday's, they're celebrations. Don't give me this crap about how we can't single out Christmas because lots of people aren't Christian. How come big stores and malls have Santa where kids can get their pictures, while they store employees have been instructed not to say "Merry Christmas" to customers because they might not celebrate Christmas. If that's the case why is the week before Christmas the busiest week of the entire year for retail stores in the US? If these stores don't want to wish a merry Christmas to their customers they might as well hang huge signs in front saying "Since not all of you celebrate Christmas, we have decided not to either. Anyone wishing to purchase Christmas gifts need not shop here."

At schools all around teachers are not allows to wish a Merry Christmas to their students and students are discouraged from wishing a Merry Christmas to their peers. My teacher said that since not everyone celebrates Christmas they'd feel uncomfortable with having a Merry Christmas wished upon them. I don't do anything special to celebrate Washington's Birthday or Martin Luther King Jr Day, so should I be offended when someone says to me "Happy Dr. King day!"? I'm not black and King never did anything
that I know of to benefit me personally, so should I get upset when they want to take a monday in January to honor him? More power to the people. I'll take any day off of work/school/whatever they want to give me, I'm not picky.

If anyone is making a deal out of Christmas being forced on people, yet they've bought a present for someone or done something in honor of the holiday, I say they should be castrated so that their hypocracy doesn't infect the next generation. So the next time someone says "Happy Holidays" to me I'm gonna make sure that they specify which one they wish. So to everyone who actually reads this:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT! (and if you don't like it, go back to Communist-land where you came from.)

2 comments:

Neemund said...

I just learned an interesting tidbit. Because December 25, 2005 is a Sunday, and Federal offices are closed on Sundays, the official observance of the Federal Holiday commonly known as Christmas will be on Monday, December 26, 2005.

Jon said...

i'm glad someone else notices that. i am tired of driving down the road seeing "Merry XMas" in stick-up letters on businesses. this irritates me.

keep up the goood work, sir