Friday, March 10, 2006

I'm Still Here

I'm sure both of my readers realize that I am quite alive and well for the most part. They might even care if I've posted or not. But I haven't for over a month and I'm doing something about it now.

News for the last month:
Congress thinks is has power to grant or deny permission for a Middle Eastern company to buy a British company. It doesn’t. But congress tries to do quite a few things it doesn’t really have power to do.
Intel is previewing their newest generation of CPU, Conroe, which should be out Q3. The engineering test they performed showed it to be about 20% faster than an overclocked Athlon FX60. Since Intel pieced the rigs together I’d be hesitant to take those benchmarks as 100% unbiased, but I wish Intel well in their quest to regain the top seat that was so violently snatched away from them many moons ago. If they can deliver a product to match power with AMD’s finest, I smell a price war coming. Which directly benefits me because computer components get cheaper. ATI and Nvidia are also in such a predicament, with ATI keeping their high throne at the same time as trying to undercut Nvidia in pricing.
I still haven’t seen snow in my proximity this year and am getting bummed. Yesterday I did see snow falling, but nothing stuck to the ground.
The US is beginning to pull troops from around the world. Since occupying Germany in 1945, we’re beginning to move a large number of our troops back home since the new German government appears to have everything under control. We’re also considering pulling troops out of Iceland as they’re not being threatened by the Commies anymore. Those troops would be better used threatening Commies and illegal immigrants here in the US. At the rate we’re going we should have a total troop withdrawal from Germany and Japan by 2095; we’ll probably have most of our troops out of Iraq by 2010. How’s that for efficiency?


Piece of advice for today: If you have a 4-5 page essay due in a class, it is advisable that you don’t wait until 45 minutes before that class begins to actually start writing that essay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're still alive!

Neemund said...

Yes, the last time I checked for a pulse I was still alive. But that was a few minutes ago so that state is subject to change with or without warning.